Find an STD Testing Location in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Please note that the labs listed below do not accept payment and will not perform testing without a physician’s order. To get a physician’s order, you can purchase lab tests in our secure online Shop. If you need assistance, please call us at 1-877-511-5227 or email [email protected] All orders are confidential.
At-Home STD Testing
Testing for STDs at home is safe, convenient, and private. Performed regularly, it can help you stay healthy and avoid unknowingly transmitting STDs.
You have many options for at-home STD testing. The best at-home STD tests are FDA approved and evaluated for safety and accuracy with fast result turnaround times and support from health care professionals.
At-home STD testing kits should include instructions for collection and test registration, along with materials such as containers and swabs to collect and send your sample to the lab. Most at-home STD tests offer results in about five days through a secure online patient portal.
STD Resources in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Choose the STD testing option you’re most comfortable with:
- Private clinic: Your primary care physician or OB-GYN can order STD tests.
- Local lab: Some labs offer direct testing without a doctor’s orders.
- Community clinic: A community clinic, such as city or county clinics, or nonprofit organizations may offer STD testing. Some offer STD tests for free or low cost.
At home: You can test for STDs at home using a kit and send your sample to a lab for analysis.
When Should I Get Tested for STDs?
If you think you might have an STD, it’s best to get tested. STDs don’t go away if you ignore them; they’ll just get worse and could grow into more serious health consequences. If left untreated, some STDs can lead to issues like infertility and more serious infections. You can also spread STDs to sexual partners if you have an untreated infection.
Ask your health care provider for STD testing recommendations or follow CDC recommendations for STD testing.
What Will Be Tested in an STD Panel?
You can request specific STD tests or a full panel. An STD clinic can recommend tests based on your sexual health and symptoms.
A routine STD panel may include:
A full-panel STD test adds:
How Much Will STD Testing Cost in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania?
The cost of an STD test will vary by location and test type. Some clinics, usually community or nonprofit clinics, offer free or low-cost testing. Labs, clinics, and at-home testing companies may accept insurance to cover or lower your cost of testing.
Lab testing fees range from $8 to $150. At-home tests cost between $35 and $175 per test.
Do I Need an Appointment for Testing in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania?
Appointment policies vary by location, so call ahead or check the clinic website before you head in for a test. Some clinics or testing centers accept walk-ins or have same-day or next-day appointments.
How Fast Will I Get My Test Results in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania?
Your STD test results time will depend on the test. Some clinics offer rapid HIV testing, which can offer results in less than 30 minutes. Bacterial STD testing (chlamydia, gonorrhea, or syphilis) takes several days to get results, while viral STD testing (HPV, herpes, or HIV) results can take just one to two days.
Community STD Testing Centers in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Community-based STD testing organizations generate awareness and foster social change while providing access to testing and treatment.
If you’re concerned about visiting your regular doctor or can’t afford the cost of private testing, a community testing center may be able to help. While community testing centers may charge a fee for STD testing, it’s common to find free or low-cost testing from these resources:
- Keystone HealthAddress: 111 Chambers Hill Drive, Suite 102 Chambersburg, PA 17201 Multiple Chambersburg locations Number: (717) 709-7909
- Planned Parenthood KeystoneAddress: 1514 North Second Street Harrisburg, PA 17102 Number: (717) 234-2468
- Chambersburg MedExpress Urgent CareAddress: 1048 Lincoln-Way East, Suite 101 Chambersburg, PA 17201 Number: (717) 267-2273
- Morning Star Pregnancy ServicesAddress: 503 Bridge Street, Unit 10 New Cumberland, PA 17070 Number: (717) 901-5433
- Alder Health ServicesAddress: 100 North Cameron Street, Suite 201E Harrisburg, PA 17101 Number: (717) 503-3317