Find an STD Testing Location in West Covina, California
To help you locate an accredited laboratory/testing center, a list of resources has been compiled and can be found below.
Consult with your health care provider about any lab testing that you may be considering. It is also important to follow up with your health care provider to discuss your results within the context of your medical history.
At-Home STD Testing
Testing for STDs at home is safe, convenient, and private. Performed regularly, it can help you stay healthy and avoid unknowingly transmitting STDs.
You have many options for at-home STD testing. The best at-home STD tests are FDA approved and evaluated for safety and accuracy with fast result turnaround times and support from health care professionals.
At-home STD testing kits should include instructions for collection and test registration, along with materials such as containers and swabs to collect and send your sample to the lab. Most at-home STD tests offer results in about five days through a secure online patient portal.
Although at-home STD testing is safe and convenient, it’s not available in every community. Check your state and local laws to verify at-home testing is an option for you.
Community STD Testing Centers in West Covina, California
Community-based STD testing organizations generate awareness and foster social change while providing access to testing and treatment.
If you’re concerned about visiting your regular doctor or can’t afford the cost of private testing, a community testing center may be able to help. While community testing centers may charge a fee for STD testing, it’s common to find free or low-cost testing from these resources:
- AltaMed Medical Group (Commerce Location)Address: 5427 E. Whittier Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90022 Number: (888) 499-9303
- East Valley Community Health Center (West Covina Clinic)Address: 420 S. Glendora Ave., West Covina, CA 91790 Number: (626) 919-4333
- El Proyecto Del Barrio (Baldwin Park Community Clinic)Address: 3942 Maine Ave., Baldwin Park, CA 91706 Number: (626) 678-9296
- Planned Parenthood Pasadena and San Gabriel Valley (Baldwin Park Center)Address: 4070 Sterling Way, Baldwin Park, CA 91706 Number: (626) 798-0706
- CDC | 2019 STD Surveillance Report | Last accessed May 2022
- CDC | Which STD Tests Should I Get? | Last accessed May 2022
- HHS | Your Rights Under HIPAA | Last accessed May 2022