Find an STD Testing Location in Moreno Valley, California
To help you locate an accredited laboratory/testing center, a list of resources has been compiled and can be found below.
Consult with your health care provider about any lab testing that you may be considering. It is also important to follow up with your health care provider to discuss your results within the context of your medical history.
When to Get Tested for STDs
If you think you might have an STD, it’s best to get tested. STDs don’t go away if you ignore them; they’ll just get worse and could grow into more serious health consequences. If left untreated, some STDs can lead to issues like infertility and more serious infections. You can also spread STDs to sexual partners if you have an untreated infection.
Ask your health care provider for STD testing recommendations or follow CDC recommendations for STD testing.
What Will Be Tested in an STD Panel?
You can request specific STD tests or a full panel. An STD clinic can recommend tests based on your sexual health and symptoms.
A routine STD panel may include:
A full-panel STD test adds:
How Much Will STD Testing Cost in Moreno Valley, California?
The cost of an STD test will vary by location and test type. Some clinics, usually community or nonprofit clinics, offer free or low-cost testing. Labs, clinics, and at-home testing companies may accept insurance to cover or lower your cost of testing.
Lab testing fees range from $8 to $150. At home tests cost between $35 and $175 per test.
Do I Need an Appointment for Testing in Moreno Valley, California?
Appointment policies vary by location, so call ahead or check the clinic website before you head in for a test. Some clinics or testing centers accept walk-ins or have same-day or next-day appointments.
How Fast Will I Get My Test Results in Moreno Valley, California?
Your STD test results time will depend on the test. Some clinics offer rapid HIV testing, which can offer results in less than 30 minutes. Bacterial STD testing (chlamydia, gonorrhea, or syphilis) takes several days to get results, while viral STD testing (HPV, herpes, or HIV) results can take just one to two days.
Community STD Testing Centers in Moreno Valley, California
Community-based STD testing organizations generate awareness and foster social change while providing access to testing and treatment.
If you’re concerned about visiting your regular doctor or can’t afford the cost of private testing, a community testing center may be able to help. While community testing centers may charge a fee for STD testing, it’s common to find free or low-cost testing from these resources:
- AHF Healthcare Center – RiversideAddress: 4510 Brockton Avenue, Suite 350 Riverside, CA 92501Number: (951) 801-4266
- Community Health Systems IncorporatedAddress: 22675 Alessandro Boulevard Moreno Valley, CA 92553Number: (951) 571-2350
- Desert AIDS ProjectAddress: 1695 North Sunrise Way Palm Springs, CA 92262Number: (760) 323-2118
- Planned Parenthood of the Pacific SouthwestAddress: 12900 Frederick Street, Suite C Moreno Valley, CA 92553Multiple Riverside County locationsNumber: (888) 743-7526
- Riverside Community Health FoundationAddress: 1970 University Avenue Riverside, CA 92507Number: (951) 213-3450
- Riverside University Health System Community Health CentersAddress: 23520 Cactus Avenue Moreno Valley, CA 92553Multiple Riverside County locationsNumber: (951) 867-3900
- CDC | 2019 STD Surveillance Report | Last accessed March 2022
- CDC | Which STD Tests Should I Get? | Last accessed March 2022
- HHS | Your Rights Under HIPAA | Last accessed March 2022