Find an STD Testing Location in Thousand Oaks, California
To help you locate an accredited laboratory/testing center, a list of resources has been compiled and can be found below.
Consult with your health care provider about any lab testing that you may be considering. It is also important to follow up with your health care provider to discuss your results within the context of your medical history.
When to Get Tested for STDs
If you think you might have an STD, it’s best to get tested. STDs don’t go away if you ignore them; they’ll just get worse and could grow into more serious health consequences. If left untreated, some STDs can lead to issues like infertility and more serious infections. You can also spread STDs to sexual partners if you have an untreated infection.
Ask your health care provider for STD testing recommendations or follow CDC recommendations for STD testing.
What Will Be Tested in an STD Panel?
You can request specific STD tests or a full panel. An STD clinic can recommend tests based on your sexual health and symptoms.
A routine STD panel may include:
A full-panel STD test adds:
How Much Will STD Testing Cost in Thousand Oaks, California?
The cost of an STD test will vary by location and test type. Some clinics, usually community or nonprofit clinics, offer free or low-cost testing. Labs, clinics, and at-home testing companies may accept insurance to cover or lower your cost of testing.
Lab testing fees range from $8 to $150. At home tests cost between $35 and $175 per test.
Do I Need an Appointment for Testing in Thousand Oaks, California
Appointment policies vary by location, so call ahead or check the clinic website before you head in for a test. Some clinics or testing centers accept walk-ins or have same-day or next-day appointments.
How Fast Will I Get My Test Results in Thousand Oaks, California?
Your STD test results time will depend on the test. Some clinics offer rapid HIV testing, which can offer results in less than 30 minutes. Bacterial STD testing (chlamydia, gonorrhea, or syphilis) takes several days to get results, while viral STD testing (HPV, herpes, or HIV) results can take just one to two days.
Community STD Testing Centers in Thousand Oaks, California
Community-based STD testing organizations generate awareness and foster social change while providing access to testing and treatment.
If you’re concerned about visiting your regular doctor or can’t afford the cost of private testing, a community testing center may be able to help. While community testing centers may charge a fee for STD testing, it’s common to find free or low-cost testing from these resources:
- Clinicas del Camino Real IncorporatedAddress: 1000 Newbury Rd Newbury Park, California 91320-6438Number: (805) 498-3640
- Community Pregnancy ClinicAddress: 2045 Royal Ave Simi Valley, California 93065Number: (805) 583-3598
- Conejo Free ClinicAddress: 80 E Hillcrest Dr Suite 102 Thousand Oaks, California 91360Number: (805) 497-3575
- Free Clinic of Simi ValleyAddress: 2003 Royal Ave Simi Valley, CA 93065Number: (805) 522-3733
- Planned Parenthood California Central CoastAddress: 1200 W Hillcrest Dr Thousand Oaks, California 91320Number: (888) 898-3806
- CDC | 2019 STD Surveillance Report | Last accessed March 2022
- CDC | Which STD Tests Should I Get? | Last accessed March 2022
- HHS | Your Rights Under HIPAA | Last accessed March 2022